Tuesday, 6 November 2012

SOS Real Oviedo - Sharing is Caring

 I am now at the same dizzy heights of Roman Abramovich, The Glazers and Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan (the man behind Man City gazillions). That's right, I am now a share holder of a football club. 

It may surprise you to hear that it is not a share in my beloved Swansea City, but in fact the Spanish third division outfit Real Oviedo.  
logo

Real Oviedo have faced a dramatic fall from grace. From competing in the UEFA Cup in the 90's to being in the 3rd division and financially bankrupt today. 

I'm not 100% sure why I bought the singular share in this club that is obviously thriving in the Spanish economy. It's partly so that I can boast if conversation ever turns to share portfolios (when doesn't it). Partly because I had a spare £10 and quite fancy having an important certificate in my room. And partly because I have a heart of gold and don't want to see this club go out of business. 

Why should I (and you) care about this destitute Spanish side? 

Well if you like your Spanish attacking midfielders and Fantasy Football point scores then Real Oviedo should be your Mecca. Juan Mata, Santi Cazorla and Miguel Michu are all exports of the Real Oviedo outfit.  

They also have an impressive history. Being positioned 17th in the Spanish 1st Division all time league table. Above the likes of Villarreal, Malaga and Mallorca. 

 They also have a pretty decent stadium, holding up to 30,500
If like me you want to help out a struggling football club, have something else to add to your CV/portfolio and get a nice certificate (I don't actually have it yet, you e-mail them your address and it should get to you in December, potentially making it a good Christmas gift) then head on over here for more information on how to buy one. 

In fact if you buy 4 or more you get invited to the clubs annual general meeting! Fan-dabby-dozy.