Saturday, 13 August 2011

Fantasy Football: Un-Real Madrid

After a summer of phone calls, negotiations and tapping up players, my fantasy football team - Un-Real Madrid - can be confirmed.

























Apart from the fact that the picture doesn't fit in the column, I'm pretty happy with my team. To act like a pro football pundit I am now going to be incredibly biased whilst analysing my own selection.

GK: Joe Hart
England's no. 1 and now Un-Real Madrid's no. 1. Hopefully he will put club before country for this season and keep even more clean sheets after an impressive haul of 19 last season. I flirted with De Gea, but went for a safer bet of Hart as he is used to the PL and I also demand an English backbone to my team... for some reason.

Defence: Vincent Kompany
Another Man City player (taking up my allowance from them straight away...) and a rock at the heart of defence. With Kompany and Hart at the back I'm sure to get clean sheets, and plenty of points.

Defence: Leighton Baines
Obscurely Sky have put Baines in the centre of my defence, but I expect him to perfom despite not playing in his natural position of left back. The attacking option in my defence and a good taker of corners and free kicks should rack up the points for the Englishman (and of course myself).

Defence: Brede Hangeland
With Fulham he is likely to concede a few more goals than a defender from Chelsea or United perhaps, but he is dangerous from corners and set pieces and puts in many MOTM performances.

Midfield: Nani
Starting to fill Ronaldo's showboating shoes with goals and assists. Did well in the Charity Shield and had a great season last year. Only concern is that with Valencia fit again and Ashley Young now in the squad, will he get as much game time?

Midfield: Marc Albrighton
With Downing and Young both having left Aston Villa this summer now is the time for Albrighton to shine and fulfil his huge potential. Bound to get assists this season (no pressure Darren Bent) and probably a few goals too.

Midfield: Scott Sinclair (C)
19 league goals last season. Need I say more? The fact that they were in the Championship is only a minor detail. As a Swansea fan I had to include him as well as make him captain. Just don't tell the other players I'm paying him £200,000 a week.

Midfield: Aaron Ramsey
With Fabregas and Nasri both likely to be leaving Arsenal Ramsey is going to have a big season. I'd say he is more likely to be getting goals and assists than Wilshere as is a more attacking option. Bought him at a cheap price too. Harry Redknapp would be proud.

Midfield: Victor Moses
The fourth winger in my five-man midfield, which some others would describe as unbalanced. I prefer courageous. My secret weapon this season as N'zogbia left Wigan, allowing this little man to get some more games, and with his talent more goals. Hopefully Moses can help pull off another miracle and lead Wigan to safety...

Striker: Wayne Rooney
This boy has talent. Whether it be scoring an overhead kick with his shin or miraculously re-growing hair... He will be leading the line for Man Utd (at least he had better be), with Hernandez, Berbatov and perhaps Wellbeck fighting to play alongside him.

Striker: Robin Van Persie
One of the few Arsenal players who doesn't appear to be leaving the Emirates. Had a fantastic goal record in the second half of last season and is going to be getting me goals throughout the season... until he inevitably gets injured, probably damaging his 'chocolate leg'. Fortunately when that does happen i'll have the chance to swap in some one like Suarez, Drogba or Leroy Lita.


So there we have it, the team that will start destroying my 'friends' in our mini-league starting today at 3pm. Losing is not an option.